Thursday, July 9, 2009

Carlos.

I have got to write about what just happened. And it is not exaggerated one bit.

I'm on my way back from the gym and I notice that I have four missed calls from a restricted number. I'm like, What the frack?! Huntington Theater get off my back! (Love the theater, but those biotches have been stalking me to renew my play package...and I just rhymed). Anyway, I get back to my office and they call again, but the owner of my company is two feet away, so I ignore it. Finally they call back again and I answer. This is the conversation. Verbatim.

Me: Hello?
Mexican Lady: WHO is this?
Me: This is Sarah.
Mexican Lady: How do you know Carlos?
Me: I'm sorry? (without a British accent, though that phrase sounds better with one)
Mexican Lady: This is his WIFE and I found your number in Carlos' pocket when I was doing the laundry and I want to know where you met him!
Me: Wait, what? Nooooo idea what you're talking about. I don't know any Carlos.
Mexican Lady: (Confirms my number). That's YOU! I just want to know why Carlos has your number in his POCKET!
Me: Ma'am, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know a Carlos and have NO idea how he got my number. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I am at work, so I'm going to need to go.
Mexican Lady: Well I'm going to talk with him about this when he gets home...
Me: I hope that you do. Good luck with everything.
Mexican Lady: ...and we're going to text you later about it.
Me: Um, what? Whatever. Good luck.

Hung up.

WTF?! I am so weirded out right now. First of all, who the F is Carlos? And more importantly, why does he have my number??? I can't remember the last time I gave my number to a guy... maybe a month ago? (Kidding Mark). Seriously, I have no idea what is going on. Am I intrigued about being brought into a domestic scandal? Absolutely. Do I want anything more to do with this? Hell to the no. Will I update everyone if they text me later? Obviously.

5 comments:

  1. So you're a blogger and you have a complicated love life. Who would have guessed.

    I trust you and everything, babe. To show you how much, I'm going to get a burrito right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. GOD. SARAH! Who is this Carlos?? What have you gotten yourself into?! That's the funniest/weirdest/creepiest thing I've read in awhile!

    My favorite line: "...and we're going to text you later about it."

    TEXT you? That's freaking hilarious! And it sounds so nonchalant. Like, "Okay, gotta go! text you later!" Is she going to yell at you via text? PLEASE keep us updated.

    In other news, I am now totally craving a burrito!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaand, I just got another call. This time a man yelling, "HELLO? HELLO" into the phone. Carlos, I presume.

    Mark, can we invite him to the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't be more intrigued about this! Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard from Carlos or the Missus today? I wish we had the back story to this little scenario!

    ReplyDelete